Wednesday, May 7, 2014

buried in stash.......








yarn cakes.....just waiting for a project

jumbo ball winder
metroid plushie
You would think since I am doing this yarn diet thing, and not actively adding yarn to the stash that it would be shrinking.....but surprisingly it's not moving as fast as I had hoped. I am still stitching daily but I think the big difference is that I am not making blankets I suppose I should before it gets to hot to do so.  But My projects for now tend to be a bit smaller.  I do have a blanket on the needles that is a fair project but it's not seen much progress as other things have taken up my time.  I got a new jumbo ball winder (birthday gift) and I am actively caking up yarn!! So now I am thinking about organization.........  It's less than three months to the fair and family reunions so I suppose I need to get moving on a few things.    I have several projects on the hooks and needles this week.....  I have finished one stitch surrfer and am up to the heel on number two,  I didn't finish by the end of the kal but I am enjoying it anyway.
stitch surfer in progress
  Now there is a new sock kal, but I am trying to finish the second stitch surfer before I download the pattern.  May or may not get to that one.  I did finish the mystery knit along, love potion number 7 and it turned out great.  I ended up using almost all of one skein each of knit picks palette calypso heather and clarity and about 3/4 of a mystery black sock yarn (bit lots, gala mix fiber)

hemlock ring
`Currently on the needles...still working on the Kauni damask bag.....not much progress as it is slow going and I haven't pulled it out much.   Working on the hemlock ring by Jared Flood (brooklyn tweed) using cascade eco +, too teal colorway and eco that I have dyed a teal using lemon lime kool aid, and wiltons icing colors sky blue and kelly green.

Also working on a gift that will remain a mystery for now.....can't post until it is given.....more on that later.....
yarn...secret project
 A royal iris in drops delight color 9,  about half finished
what should be getting attention.........lilien fee shawl, vortex, red heart crochet along afghan squares,  my very much neglected sweater, it only needs a sleeve, and finishing up (ends, blocking etc.)    the long forgotten second wisdom mitt, the mystery cal stocking, a baby blanket that just needs a border,  my mosaic handbag, the blt shawlette, and the list goes on and on.   I am not sure if my problem is starting to many projects  or just not seeing them through to the finish
love potion no. 7 clue 1 and 2
.  But what ever it is I am trying to get better.......

Here's this weeks photos.....I must get back to stash organizing......


clue 3
finished shawlette before blocking

finished shawlette after blocking







No comments:

Post a Comment