Saturday, March 9, 2013

Working on the octagon and squares throw for Mikey's Afghan Club (The Crochet Crowd).  I am using caron simply soft (white), and some mystery yarn I found at big lots.  I think it maybe bernat satin, but haven't yet verified. The original pattern (available at red heart.com), calls for red heart with love and a size j hook.  This yarn is a finer so I am using a g hook.  The original also has  12 square motifs and 20 octagons.  Mine so far has 24 squares and I am up to 25 octagons,  hoping to get to 35 if I have enough yarn.  I love the look of this afghan but not really loving all the bits and pieces.  So far over 125 afghans have been completed.  I am working my fingers to the bone trying to get it done by the deadline.  Hopefully stitching the pieces together won't take too long... for now here a couple of pics and then back to stitching.......


No comments:

Post a Comment