Sunday, March 9, 2014

Well the "cold sheep" continues........there have been a few times where I have really been tempted, but so far I have managed to hold out and maintain this yarn diet.  I didn't know I had the will power, of course part of the incentive to keep going is that my family and my two knit/crochet circles don't think I can make it,lol.  So of course I have to maintain and not fail.  I am appreciating the yarn stash I already have in this process.  Instead of focusing on acquiring more,   I have been taking a closer look.  I am starting to think about the fair and projects I would like to do.  I would like to do some of the things I had in mind last year but just couldn't get it all done.  Some have lots of pieces so it will require a bit of concentration.



I have been playing around with kool aid and wilton's icing gets and having some success with it.  I did a rainbow progressive on what started out as knit picks chroma bare, again dyed with kool aid.

before


after



Also on the needles my poor neglected 30 day sweater that has become a 5 month sweater.  It only needs a sleeve, I don't know why I have no motivation to finish it.  maybe one day soon.......

I am also working on the kauni damask bag, using chroma in bare and prism.  my first attempt at color work.  It is going okay but is a slow process....I had the idea to make that my ravellenics project......epic fail there, just too much work in a short period of time.


also still on the needles the lilien fee shawl  I really need to finish this one as well.  once again not sure why I stopped it's just waiting....

I am testing a cowl on ravelry,  I have to crochet more I feel as though I am neglecting my hooks in favor of my needles lately.

I have a mystery shawl kal starting on the 15 of this month, so I hope to finish the cowl and my stitch surfers before that happens.

I am also working on squares for a afghan crochet along....wow I didn't realize I had so many wips,  I suppose I should finish this so I can go back to stitching......so here are a few photos......


stitch surfer made with over dyed ka yarn
 On the needles this week.....stitch surfers.  I am participating in a KAL on ravelry.  one of the yarns I am using is a big lots find that I over dyed with another big lots find....Jamaica flavor kool aid.  love it and how it is working up in the socks.  the black (solid) in the sock is also a big lots find.
close up of stitch surfer, toe up sock

No comments:

Post a Comment