Friday, June 29, 2012



I tried hand dyeing wool for the first time Thursday.  Started with blackberry ridge thistledown yarn 1500 grams.  (2 skeins).   I dyed the first one using a mixture of blue and green food coloring.  I ran out of the blue, so the second skein is all green.  You tube videos were extremely helpful with this project.  I don't like the way the wool smells when it is wet, but the process was fun.   I will try it again in the near future.
1500 grams blackberry ridge farms thistledown  100% wool cobweb yarn
pre-soaking before dyeing



after dyeing, love the way they turned out!!
kelly green










teal shaded

This was extremely fun, loved the whole process, the only thing I didn't like the smell of wet wool...ewww!!  Fortunately the smell goes away when the wool dries!

No comments:

Post a Comment