Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Tale of two (or three) purse handles................
Still working on the Hardwick Handbag. (testing the pattern on FPT, ravelry).  I went in search of purse handles and quickly found out there wasn't much to choose from here.  I thought about ordering online but I really needed not only to see the handles in person but also look at the handles with the pattern together.  So of we went in search of.....  I found an acrylic pair that is meant to crochet over, and while I am still considering them, I don't think it is the look I am going for with the bag.  Next I went to Tuesday Morning.  I saw some handles there when searching for the Bambool yarn for the old shale smoke ring I was working on last month.  I had no idea I would be making a purse then.  I found two pair, and have yet to figure out which one will work best.  Maybe it will be clear once all the pieces are blocked and ready for assembly.  

Next up was the search for fusible stabilizer and material to line the bag.  I don't sew much past putting on a lost button or repairing a hole.  So my knowledge in that area is sadly lacking.  I wish I would have taken an interest in home economics in high school.  Well after spending about 45 minutes in Hancock Fabrics with a rather knowledgeable clerk.  My education is still lacking in that area, but I did learn a little about my subject.    

So for now, here's a couple of pics of my progress and materials...............

No comments:

Post a Comment