Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Finished with the hardwick handbag pattern I was testing.  Love, love, love the catherine wheel pattern!  The crochet part of the bag was fairly quick.  But my lack of sewing knowledge made that part go slowly.  I spent more time sewing the pieces (and taking apart and sewing again) than I did crocheting.  More than once during this process I wished I had more of an interest in home economics in high school.

I am considering taking a basic sewing class at the county extension office at some point.  While I don't know if I like the process, (maybe my lack of skill getting in the way).  I think exploring a little further maybe a good idea.  I also had a time deciding on the handles, I tried the leather straps that were my first choice but the were not the right fit for the bag.  I ended up using the first pair I bought and wasn't sure about.  Still thinking about whether or not to leave the handles as they are or crochet over them as they are designed to do.  I kinda like the clear handle.  Next up is a baby blanket with the limelight simply soft I bought several months ago on clearance at walmart.  Haven't started that one yet so don't know how it's going to work.  I am thinking about colors for the ocean waves challenge @ the crochet crowd. gotta get that going as well.  So many projects floating around in my head....... back to stitching for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment