Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just about to finish this bag.  I decided to go with the black leather straps.  I like it the best of the three handles I have.  I have been working a lot on this bag in the last 24 hours.  and almost none of the time was crocheting it!  My first experience with using lining and interfacing in a bag as well as the first time using handles that were not made out of yarn.  I don't think there's much chance I am taking up sewing as a hobby.  I like what I was able to do, but I have spent more time cutting measuring and sewing pieces together than I believe I spent crocheting all the parts of the  bag.

I  have a bit more knowledge and respect for hand sewn projects now.  I have one handle attached,  the outside of the back stitched together as well as the lining and interfacing stitched together.  All that is left is attaching the other handle, putting the lining inside the crocheted part of the bag and seaming the top edge.  The pattern calls for a magnetic closure, but I think I am going to skip that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment